Featured Customer Spot - There's No Coasting Down Hills!!
By Simon Wilkinson-Blake, Ride Fit™ customer and new to indoor cycling
Now From The Man Himself
I'm new to indoor cycling, having been introduced to it reluctantly because I fell off my road bike a couple of months back and fractured my pelvis. My doctor has just cleared me to start eight weeks of indoor cycling before going back out on the open road.
So this is my indoor cycling setup:
- My summer road bike, a 2012 Bianchi Infinito with Campagnolo Athena group set and Wahoo Fitness Speed and Cadence sensor;
- A Wahoo Fitness heart strap sensor;
- A Wahoo Fitness KICKR power trainer;
- TrainerRoad running on a 2012 Apple Mac Air;
- Ride Fit™ training videos;
- Finished off with a CycleOps training mat and bike thong;
- iPhone and earbuds with dance music mix podcasts.
Apart from the KICKR power cable and iPhone earbuds, the whole set up is wireless:
- The Mac Air connects to the internet via my home WiFi (TrainerRoad can work off line too);
- TrainerRoad picks up the Speed and Cadence, heart strap and KICKR via Bluetooth 4, built into all recent Apple machines;
- Ride Fit videos load easily into the relevant TrainerRoad workout. TrainerRoad controls the resistance of the KICKR in line with the workout intervals.
Before I started, I thought indoor cycling would be an easy option, but it's not. Unlike on the road, you're constantly working at some intensity or other, there's no coasting down hills!
Ride Fit™ Local Rollers + KICKR + TrainerRoad using 2012 Mac Air just brilliant! I'm now looking forward to trying my latest Ride Fit™ downloads, Alpine Challenge and Un Paseo En Bicicleta Perfecta.